Emojipedia provides a list of every emoji that exists and what that emoji means. As of September 2021 there are 3,633 emojis recommended for support across platforms, and these have a number of meanings.
When assessing the meaning of an emoji, factors that go into Emojipedia definitions include:
- 📜 Historical origins and designs of an emoji
- 📝 Intended emoji meaning when proposed
- 👫 Real-world common use of an emoji
- 🌐 Alternative meanings around the world
- 📲 Cross-platform design details
Emoji meanings on Emojipedia are written by emoji experts and lexicographers. Emojipedia is not a wiki and definitions are not crowd-sourced, though we welcome tips and corrections.
Definitions on Emojipedia are have been researched and written by:
- 👩💼 Jane Solomon, current Senior Emoji Lexicographer at Emojipedia
- 🧑💻 Keith Broni, Editor In Chief at Emojipedia
- 👨💼 John M. Kelly, former Senior Emoji Lexicographer at Emojipedia
- 👨💻 Jeremy Burge, former Chief Emoji Officer at Emojipedia
To look for an emoji meaning, either search Emojipedia using the search field at the top of all pages, or browse by emoji category:
- 😃 Smileys & People
- 🐻 Animals & Nature
- 🍔 Food & Drink
- ⚽ Activity
- 🌇 Travel & Places
- 💡 Objects
- 🔣 Symbols
- 🎌 Flags
For new emojis, keep an eye on details of upcoming emoji releases.
Neueste NachrichtenMehr anzeigen
Google's Emoji 15.1 Support In Noto Color Emoji
Today Google has officially unveiled its full-color designs for Unicode's latest approved emojis, which include a phoenix, a lime, smileys shaking the...
Microsoft Windows 11 23H2 Emoji Changelog
Microsoft have begun to roll out their latest update to Windows 11, adding Emoji 15.0 support and debuting the glossy 3D Fluent designs in select appl...
Samsung One UI 6.0 Emoji Changelog
Samsung has begun rolling out the latest version of its Android software layer, One UI 6.0. This update introduces a brand new visual style for the va...